Thursday 5 November 2015


We have been learning about poetry in Ruma Tahi. Below are some of our amazingly scary acrostic poems!
PURPOSE: to learn what an acrostic poem is.
WALT convey a specific feeling in our writing (to scare our audience)

Halloween is a day for all the dead to take their revenge.

All I can hear are the unholy ghost moans.

Loud noises haunt the night and fill my head with nightmares.

Longing to get inside away from the cold black night.

On the strike of midnight on the 31st the monsters creep up and kill.

When the wind howls the wolf comes out of its cave and howls back.

Excruciating fear shakes my body like an earthquake.

Evil stares into my eyes through the dark.

Nothing could scare me more than HALLOWEEN!

By Mabel Candy


Halloween finally became the spookiest day of all.

All hallows eve was remembering the people that died.

Lanterns eyes were glowing and glowing.

Lollipops were red and green the spookiest colours on Halloween.

Out in the dark was shadows trying to reach at me.

Witches brooming around my house.

Eyes were glooming in the dark bushes.

Evil was coming near us around the dark, dark path.

No trick or treats in our house and if you knock I will HAUNT you down.

By Ji’reh Williams




Halloween is awesomely spooky.

Amazing scary ghosts turn up to my door at mid night.

Lanterns flicker all night through until the dead comes.

Licking lollipops like vampire teeth sucking blood.

Out in the dark I see glowing red eyes in the bushes.

Witches floating around in the dark night putting a spell on you.

Evil eyes flicker red around you in your bed.

Evenings arrive the dead come out and haunt you anywhere you are.

No trick or treaters, no lollies here or… we will haunt you!

By Brooke Corlett



Halloween is the day of the dead.

All the ghosts come and haunt you.

Lightening strikes down.

Lanterns as red as blood.

Wolves howling at the moon.

Evil trolls come and kill you.

Elves come and steal your gold.

NO! I WONT LET YOU KILL ME, I WONT!

By Tydde Thomas-Connor


No comments:

Post a Comment